Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Tue December 12, 2006
State Releases Statistics on Health Care Professionals
Casper, WY – The Wyoming Healthcare Commission released a statistical handbook on health care professionals and facilities in the state on Monday.
The handbook gives information on doctors and other professionals such as educational background, ages, specialties and practice locations.
Governor Dave Freudenthal joined with legislators and others in a ceremony marking release of the handbook in Casper.
Freudenthal says state officials have been calling for development of such a handbook for several years. He says that it's going to be critical for the state to use the data in the book as it makes policy decisions.
The Health Professions Tracking Center at the University of Nebraska helped with the development of the Wyoming handbook. The center has conducted surveys over the last year to build the database and will continue to collect information to maintain its accuracy.