Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed December 14, 2005
Students Want To Invest State Money
Cheyenne, Wy – Six University of Wyoming students hope to
get investing experience by managing a (M) million dollars in state
The students are planning to go to the State Loan and Investment
board tomorrow (Thursday) and ask for permission to invest half a
(M) million dollars for now.
If they get good returns on that investment, they plan to seek
another half (M) million dollars next fall.
All the students are business majors interested in investment
management. They are Emerald Reid, of Cheyenne; Corey Bramlet, of
Wheatland; Bridgette Fowler, of Buffalo; Charles Christensen, of
Cody; Abby Norman, of Rock Springs; and Eric Patton, of Hanna.
The idea has the backing of State Treasurer Cynthia Lummis, who
says she plans to recommend entering into a contract with the
students to invest the money.