Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Best of Wyoming
Mon July 16, 2012
Teton Science Schools – Jackson
Teton Science Schools is celebrating 45 years of teaching about the natural world and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem through its mission of connecting people, nature, place, and education. Since 1967, when Ted Majors created the first summer field ecology program for high school students, Teton Science Schools (TSS) has educated, trained and inspired thousands of children, youth and adults, bringing them together through the study of nature and its extension, place-based education. Their six innovative programs serve students from across Wyoming, the Intermountain-West, the nation, and around the world. Teton Science School works with youth, teachers and schools in Jackson Hole and across Wyoming.
· TSS offers multi-day programs all year for school groups to study about ecology, field science, and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
· Summer Youth Adventures provide a variety of adventures from week-long, day programs to multi-week programs exploring and learning in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks or in communities across Wyoming. TSS also provides family programs and adult programs through Road Scholar.
· TSS’s Teacher Learning Center has trained hundreds of teachers across Wyoming in place-based education so that they can more positively impact their students.
· 1st year graduate students in the TSS Graduate Program learn science and teaching methods while gaining valuable classroom teaching experience.
· The Conservation Research Center does science based wildlife and land research to aid WYDOT, ranchers, and landowners in land stewardship.
· Journeys School is an independent Pre-K through 12th grade school, successfully educating students for a successful future in college and beyond.
· Wildlife Expeditions take visitors to view and learn about wildlife in safari-style vehicles, from half-day to multi day adventures in Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.
Please visit the Teton Science Schools’ website www.tetonscience.org or call 307-733-1313 to register for TSS programs and join them for one or many of their innovative programs in Jackson Hole or across the state.