Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu March 25, 2004
Tipton Replacements Line Up
Lander, Wy –
Three people so far have expressed an interest in filling the vacancy created by the death of state Representative Harry Tipton.
Tipton, who served 24 years in the House of Representatives, died March 11th of leukemia. He was 76.
Those who have stepped forward are Lander businessman John Birbari; former state Representative Dale Urbigkeit, who is a building contractor from Crowheart; and Joe Malek, a member of the Solid Waste District Board who lives near Fort Washakie.
Fremont County Republican leaders have scheduled a meeting for Monday to pick three finalists. The Fremont County Commission will choose a successor from that list.
The person chosen will serve out Tipton's term through the end of this year.