Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue June 7, 2005
Top Casper Airport Official Resigns
Casper, WY – Casper will soon be looking for a new airport manager. Dan Mann announced that he is resigning to become the airport director in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Mann had been at the Natrona County International Airport since 1997. He says he feels like he leaves an airport that's in good shape, most notably with the flight options travelers now have. Mann says he's proud they have added new flights to Minneapolis-St. Paul and improved service to Denver and Salt Lake City. He also takes pride in the airport terminal renovation that was just completed and the current financial picture at the airport. Operating revenue at the Casper airport increased by 179% during Mann's tenure. He says he's excited about the career opportunity the Cedar Rapids job presents. By comparison, the Cedar Rapids airport serves more passengers in a month then the Casper airport does in an entire year. The Natrona County Airport Board will look both locally and nationally to find a new airport manager.