Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Tue October 21, 2008
Trauner denies that he favors a gun registry
Cheyenne, Wy – Democrat Gary Trauner says a charge by Republican Cynthia Lummis that Trauner favors a national federal registry of gun owners is untruthful.
Trauner is running against Lummis and Libertarian David Herbert
for the U.S. House seat now held by the retiring Rep. Barbara
Lummis has been running ads saying Trauner has favored a
national federal registry of gun owners. Cubin made the same
accusations against Trauner two years ago when she narrowly beat
The ads are based on an answer Trauner provided in 2006 on a
National Rifle Association questionnaire about gun rights issues.
Trauner says he may not have been clear two years ago, but he
provided a copy of this year's questionnaire that shows him
standing with the NRA against a federal registry.
Lummis campaign manager Tucker Fagan says the Lummis campaign
ads are based on answers Trauner provided in 2006 because they
hadn't seen Trauner's answers on this year's NRA questionnaire.