Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon February 10, 2014
Troy Mader Replaces Former Rep. Wallis In House
The Campbell County Commission has selected Troy Mader as the new representative for House District 52, replacing the late Rep. Sue Wallis.
Legislative leaders said he will be sworn in on Tuesday and begin serving in the Legislature immediately.
Wallis died in January at age 56.
Mader has served as a precinct representative for the Campbell County Republican Party.
He says his first priority for the current legislative session will be to make connections in the Legislature while learning the ropes.
Mader told the commission his priorities include maintaining the state's philosophy of saving, protecting the state against federal encroachment on environmental regulations and improving educational performance relative to state spending.