Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Wed May 24, 2006
U-S Attorney Announces Arrests
Cheyenne, Wy – The U-S Attorney's Office in Cheyenne says
police have arrested dozens of people in Wyoming on federal drug
charges since last Friday. And officials say more arrests are
Law Enforcement Coordinator Tony Young with the U-S Attorney's
Office says that about 100 law enforcement officers from federal,
tribal, state and local agencies participated in searches and
arrests in Fremont County early this morning (Wednesday).
Young said 18 arrests were made today in Fremont County, Casper,
Rawlins and the states of California and Washington.
Young said today's (Wednesday's) arrests were connected to the
seizure last Friday of 16 pounds of methamphetamine and the arrests
of five people in Riverton and Wheatland. He said a total of 37
people are in custody from the arrests that started last week.
Details of the arrests and the investigation are scheduled to be
released tomorrow (Thursday) at a news conference at U-S Attorney's
Office in Cheyenne.