Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Tue December 24, 2013
University to study reducing degree offerings
The University of Wyoming may look at reducing the number of degree offerings. Interim President Dick McGinity says the goal is to not eliminate jobs, but to make sure that faculty are not being asked to do too much. He notes that there are much bigger institutions that offer the same number of degrees as the University of Wyoming. McGinity is not sure that is realistic.
“I don’t mean that critically of us, but I ask the question, can we actually do that? Or can we do it well? And if we can’t do it well then can we do something less, but do it better. It’s a question and I’m not sure how it plays out.”
McGinity says he'll take a close look at that question in the near future.