Most Active Stories
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Thu November 14, 2013
University of Wyoming president resigns
University of Wyoming President Bob Sternberg has resigned. The decision was announced in a press conference this evening. The Board of Trustees says the decision was Sternberg’s – that he was not asked to resign.
Sternberg had come under fire from members of the campus community, who were upset about the departures of several deans and other top officials.
Last week, a group of law students wrote an open letter to the president, demanding more transparency about their dean’s resignation. And several professors expressed concern about the number of administrators who have been replaced since Sternberg took office in July.
Trustee Dave Bostrom says the personnel changes will stand.
Dick McGinity, the vice president for academic affairs, will take over effective immediately.
This is a developing story, please check back for updates.