Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Sat August 6, 2011
U.S. Credit Rating Downgraded
Standard & Poor's has lowered its long-term credit rating on the United States from AAA to AA-plus. It also says the outlook on the long-term rating is negative. The ratings agency says its action comes because of the prolonged controversy over raising the debt ceiling and other fiscal policy. Host Scott Simon talks with NPR business reporter Tamara Keith about the downgrade.