Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed June 20, 2007
US Senate Passes Teton Expansion Act
By Kristin Espeland
Laramie, WY – The Senate has passed the Grand Teton Land Expansion Act -- legislation the late senator Craig Thomas had introduced. Senator Mike Enzi spoke to colleagues about the mechanics of the expansion, as well as an amendment to the act honoring the late senator. The act essentially authorizes the secretary of the interior to accept any private land donations that expand the park with 50 acres already donated. The visitor center is set to be renamed this August.