Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue December 14, 2004
UW Bowl Ticket Sales Top 5,000
Laramie, WY – The Las Vegas Bowl is a little over a week away. And the University of Wyoming says it has sold about 5,000 tickets for the game so far. The school's Assistant Athletic Director for Media Relations, Tim Harkins, says fans started buying tickets immediately after the bowl bid was announced. When UW accepted the bid to go to Las Vegas, Head Coach Joe Glenn said he expected between eight and ten thousand fans there. Harkins says they are hopeful the 8,000 figure can be reached. Cowboy football players meanwhile continue their preparations for next Thursday's match-up against UCLA. The Cowboys are playing in their first bowl game in 11 years. UW hasn't had a bowl victory since 1966.