Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Fri September 9, 2011
UW extends Buchanan's contract
LARAMIE, WY (wpr) - The University of Wyoming Board of Trustees has approved a one-year extension of President Tom Buchanan's contract through June 30, 2015.
His salary will remain at $350,000.
Buchanan had made it clear to the board that he would refuse a salary increase, saying he couldn't accept a raise when UW faculty and staff are not receiving increases.
Trustees President Jim Neiman said Friday the board has tremendous confidence in Buchanan's leadership and continues to be impressed by UW's progress under his leadership.
Trustees did make some changes in Buchanan's contract if he retires and returns to a faculty position at UW.
It is the third time in three years that trustees have extended Buchanan's contract. He has been UW president since 2005.