Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon October 22, 2012
UW football coach suspended and fined
Wyoming Football Coach Dave Christensen has been suspended and fined for comments he made to Air Force Football Coach Troy Calhoun following a recent loss.
Christensen’s profanity laced tirade was caught on video and today, UW Athletics Director Tom Burman fined the Coach $50,000 and suspended him for the week, including this coming Saturday’s home game against Boise State.
Burman says he took the action for the best interest of the University and to send the right message to the players in the Cowboys program. Assistant Coach Pete Kaligis will take over Head Coaching duties for the week.
UW President Tom Buchanan says he fully supports Burman’s decision. Christensen did not comment today, but apologized for his comments the day after the Air Force game.