Most Active Stories
- A cappella vocal ensemble, the King's Singers
- Wyoming’s little talked about pollution source: trona mines
- UPDATE: EPA issues Wind River Reservation state status for air monitoring, rules on res. border
- OSHA says Sinclair refinery shutdown is on the table
- Wyoming fires Football Coach Dave Christensen
Tue August 20, 2013
UW senior looks forward to big season
Senior free safety, Marqueston Huff, wants to be a team leader for the Wyoming football team this year. As a defensive back, he has made 122 tackles, deflected ten passes and taken four interceptions. Not to mention scoring two touchdowns for the Cowboys.
Huff has also weathered all of the Cowboys’ ups and downs since 2010. The team has won each Border War rivalry game against Colorado State since he arrived in Laramie, but he’s also suffered through a bowl game loss and two losing seasons.
Having been moved from an isolated position at cornerback to a more leadership oriented role at safety, Huff looks forward to leading the Cowboy defense this year, saying, “I like to play the checker match with Brett at practice anyway and I’m looking forward to doing it with other quarterbacks. But it’s just a mind game that you get to play with the other team.”
Huff says that his goals this year are to return Wyoming to a bowl game and hopefully help the team become nationally ranked.
Wyoming opens the season August 31st at Nebraska.