Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed January 15, 2014
UW Trustees to discuss position of university President
Thursday the University of Wyoming trustees are scheduled to discuss the position of UW President. Many on the UW faculty list serve have expressed concern that Interim President, Dick McGinity, will be appointed to the position permanently without a search. Faculty Senate Chair Colin Keeney warns against leaping to conclusions.
“It’s going to be very interesting,” Keeney says. “But I wouldn’t dare forecast what may or may not come out of that. I think we need to sit down and talk, you know, like reasonable people in a fairly calm atmosphere and arrive at some decisions and conclusions.”
Keeney says faculty senators recently voted to keep presidential searches open in the future. He says a confidential search is fine up to a point, but finalists should be brought to the campus to meet faculty and staff. The UW Board of Trustees will meet Thursday morning at Coe Library.