Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed November 23, 2011
VIDEO: Helicopter Crashes While Installing A Christmas Tree
Originally published on Wed November 23, 2011 1:57 pm
We're not trying to terrify you before your long holiday weekend, with another tale of holiday accidents, but we had to pass along this video, which also has an implied holiday lesson: When you use a helicopter to put up a Christmas tree, make sure its propellers steer clear of obstacles.
That's not what happened in Auckland, New Zealand, yesterday, when a helicopter was installing the base of the seven-story Telecom Christmas Tree:
Now, we'd argue it also brings a separate, happier message for this Thanksgiving weekend: The pilot walked away with minor injuries and the incident did not hurt anyone on the ground.