Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Thu May 30, 2013
VIDEO: Miranda Lambert's Tears At 'Healing In The Heartland'
Originally published on Thu May 30, 2013 10:55 am
There were several emotional moments during Wednesday's nationally broadcast "Healing in the Heartland" benefit concert to raise money for victims of the May 20 tornado that devastated Moore, Okla., and nearby communities.
Singing star Miranda Lambert's tears, though, are worth some special attention. NBC News has video showing how she struggled to get through her hit "The House That Built Me." As EW.com PopWatch blogger Annie Barrett wrote early Thursday, after seeing Lambert's performance: "Well, I'm spent."
The United Way of Oklahoma is collecting contributions:
Call 1-800-890-4999 (primary)
Text "REBUILD" to 52000
Visit UnitedWay.org/REBUILD to make an online contribution
President Obama and other federal officials have also suggested sending donations to the American Red Cross.