Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri December 20, 2013
Well, Morgan Freeman Did Play Nelson Mandela In A Movie
Originally published on Fri December 20, 2013 11:04 am
Among the memorials to Nelson Mandela put up across India is a billboard in Tamil Nadu that features a photo of actor Morgan Freeman, not the iconic anti-apartheid hero from South Africa who died earlier this month.
The businessman who paid for the sign says it will be replaced with one that has the right image.
Perhaps the billboard's designer got confused because Freeman portrayed Mandela in the 2009 movie Invictus.
As you might expect, a photo of the botched billboard has been whipping around Twitter.
Freeman has inadvertently been part of such a mix-up before. At President Obama's inauguration back in January, ABC News' George Stephanopoulos got famously confused. He thought basketball great Bill Russell was the actor.