Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu February 7, 2013
What Cellphone Brand Does North Korean Leader Use?
Originally published on Thu February 7, 2013 1:07 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a case of product placement. Corporations pay millions to have their products turn up in the hands of famous people but somehow, they were not thrilled when a photo showed a smartphone on a table next to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. This set off fevered speculation about which brand it was.
South Korean phone maker Samsung was eager not to take credit, insisting it's not a Samsung phone. They said maybe it came from a rival firm in Taiwan. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.