Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon July 11, 2005
WHP Releases Video of Shooting Incident
Cheyenne, WY – The Wyoming Highway Patrol released a video Monday that shows the incident leading up to the shooting of a woman by a state trooper. The tape, shot from Trooper Paul Brunner's dashboard, shows the trooper being overpowered by the woman as he was trying to arrest her with audio capturing the two struggling off camera seconds before she was fatally shot. The video was reviewed by The Associated Press. They report that Alyssa Harriet, of Buffalo, appears cordial early in the video, but begins to pull away as Brunner moves in to arrest her on suspicion of drunken driving. Harriet, who appears taller and heavier than Brunner, quickly overpowers the trooper. An investigation by the Campbell County Attorney's Office determined that the shooting was justified.