Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue May 7, 2013
Wind River Job Corps pre-bid conference hopes to attract local contractors
On Wednesday, the Riverton City Council Chambers will host a pre-bid conference for the Wind River Job Corps project. Project administrators want to work with as many local contractors as possible.
The completed Job Corps complex will bring much needed training opportunities to Fremont County, as well as create over 100 permanent jobs.
Sandy Barton is the executive director of Fremont County’s Board of Educational Services. She says this meeting will give local contractors the chance to ask project managers questions about what kind of opportunities will be available.
Barton says “they will then invite the participants of this meeting to go up on the Job Corp location, which is up by the airport in Riverton, and then they will be able to walk around the site, to get more of an idea of the building specs, etc.”
Barton says that contractors interested in the project should download the solicitation form from the Federal Business Opportunities website at www.FBO.gov before the meeting, to familiarize themselves with the project’s construction needs.