Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed January 7, 2004
Wolves Blamed In Southern Wyoming Killings
Wamsutter, WY – Wolves are being blamed for killing several cattle in southern Wyoming. In response, federal officials have authorized killing up to two wolves thought to be responsible. The cattled were killed by one or two wolves near Wamsutter, along Interstate 80. Wamsutter is in the southern extent of the area wolves are thought to be common in Wyoming.