Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed February 5, 2014
WPM Strengthens Cultural Affairs Reporting
Micah Schweizer, an award winning radio producer from Indiana, joined the staff as the WPM Cultural Affairs and Production Director.
Schweizer’s task is a broad one—he reports on anything and everything cultural, and includes orchestras, ensembles, bands, museums, artists, writers, among others. Online programs, such as Single Shot Live, are part of his beat. As an introduction to Wyoming, he was assigned the task of driving through the state and recording people for the Wyoming Stories series.
“As a newcomer to Wyoming, I have been amazed and moved by the depth and range of personal history I’ve heard through this project. In a sense, these Wyoming Stories are the pixels that make up the big picture of history, and Wyoming Public Media has the privilege to capture and preserve glimpses that might otherwise be lost,” says WPM Cultural Affairs Director, Micah Schweizer.
Behind the Scenes