Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Mon April 23, 2012
Wyoming basketball gets key transfer
The Wyoming Cowboys basketball team is adding an important piece to its future. 6-5 guard Charles Hankerson Junior is transferring from the University of Alabama where he was an occasional starter to play his last two years at Wyoming.
He averaged 3-point-6 points a game in 30 games with the Crimson Tide last year and Wyoming Head Coach Larry Shyatt says he will be an important addition to what could be a young team in 2013.
“We are getting a high caliber player who’s going to be playing quality minutes, whose going to have to be in a position of leadership very soon.”
Hankerson said he picked Wyoming because he new Shyatt and two assistants and because he was impressed with Laramie during his recruiting trip. He said the fact that it was the only University in the state also helped.
Hankerson will have to sit out the 2012 season, but Shyatt says that will allow him to establish his leadership abilities. Shyatt had recruited Hankerson when he was an assistant coach at Florida.