Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed January 21, 2004
Wyoming Delegation Praises Bush
Laramie, Wy – Wyoming's Republican congressional delegation is praising President Bush's State of the Union address.
Senators Mike Enzi and Craig Thomas and Representative Barbara Cubin are rallying around Bush's health care and economic proposals and say they support his continued war on terror.
Bush told Congress that America is strengthening its economy and asked lawmakers to make approved tax cuts permanent.
Senator Thomas says he supports the call for tax relief -- saying it's money that can be invested.
Cubin hailed Bush for his health care remarks, particularly a proposal that would allow small businesses to band together and negotiate lower insurance rates so they can cover workers.
She says that plan would particularly benefit states like Wyoming.
Senator Enzi says he's encouraged by a plan to expand job training to the nation's community colleges -- something Wyoming has already done.