Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon March 12, 2012
Wyoming is excited to play in the CBI
The Wyoming Cowboys basketball team will open first round play of the College Basketball Invitational in Laramie Wednesday night. The Pokes face North Dakota State who finished fifth in the Summit League. Wyoming had hoped to get selected to play in the more prestigious National Invitation Tournament, but Cowboys Center Adam Wadell says it’s just nice to play in the postseason. He says the team has exceeded expectations all year.
“You know I think at the beginning of the season no one really expected us to come out and do what we really did. And I think people who come out and see us they see an unselfish team and a team that is really passionate about the game.”
Wadell says as a senior, playing in the post season is a nice way to end his career.
Although it’s spring break, Head Coach Larry Shyatt hopes fans come out to watch Wyoming’s first 20 win team in nine years take the court. He is also pleased that the team has a chance to play more games and get better.
Tipoff is Wednesday night at seven.