Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri January 25, 2013
Wyoming moves ahead with Pediatric Cancer Program
A problem for children who are diagnosed with cancer in Wyoming is finding local care. Treatment typically requires long drives to cities. But Wyoming's Comprehensive Cancer Control Program is trying to change that. The program has hired an Oncologist who specializes in pediatric care to come to Casper once a month to treat children. Plans are underway to get more doctors involved in the effort. The Pediatric Oncologist is Doctor John Dr. vanDoorninck. He joined Wyoming Public Radio’s Bob Beck at the State Capital to discuss the program....