Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue April 22, 2008
Wyoming National Guardsmen Return Home
Cheyenne, WY – Fourteen Wyoming Army National Guard soldiers are back home after a yearlong deployment in Afghanistan.
The unit includes soldiers from Cheyenne, Laramie, Torrington, Guernsey, Hartville, Brush, Colo., and Texas.
Sixteen had left Wyoming to train and advise Afghan police, but two decided to extended their deployment and stayed behind.
Those that returned Monday were greeted by family, friends, Gov. Freudenthal and members of the Wyoming National Guard's command staff in Cheyenne.