Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri August 30, 2013
Wyoming opens the football season at Nebraska
The Wyoming Cowboys have a tough task ahead of them Saturday. Wyoming opens the College football season Saturday/today against 18th ranked Nebraska. The Cornhuskers are led by Quarterback Taylor Martinez. Wyoming Head Coach Dave Christensen says that slowing down Martinez is critical.
“You know he’s a great player and he can hurt you in a number of ways and the key is to try and contain him and try and keep him in the pocket. When he breaks containment like any great Quarterback who has good feet and can throw… it becomes dangerous.”
Last season the Cowboys struggled on defense and Christensen said he believes the unit is much improved.
“I think from an athletic standpoint we’ve got players in place that are more athletic than we were a year ago, I think our guys play with great energy, but the key and I told our defensive staff this morning is how do we leverage and how do we tackle?”
Christensen admits that the team will need to play a perfect game to win. Kickoff is at five. The game will be televised by the Big Ten Network.