Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed January 4, 2006
Wyoming Politicians Accept Money from Abramoff
Laramie, Wy – Disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff gave all three members of Wyoming's congressional delegation campaign contributions.
Wednesday, all three members of the delegation said they would give that money to charity.
That was after, Abramoff pleaded guilty in federal court to mail fraud, conspiracy and tax evasion. His plea agreement calls for him to share information with investigators about alleged bribes he made to members of Congress.
While there's NO evidence that there was any wrongdoing on the part of the Wyoming delegation, all three members say they're giving away any money that came to them through Abramoff.
A spokeswoman for Senator Craig Thomas says eight-thousand dollars he received from Abramoff, the lobbyist's wife and clients, will go to tornado relief in Wright.
A spokesman for Representative Barbara Cubin says 250 dollars she received almost a decade ago will be given to the Wyoming Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery Center.
A spokesman for Senator Mike Enzi says the senator will give one-thousand dollars to a Wyoming charity.