Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed August 26, 2009
Wyoming Senators remember Ted Kennedy
By Renny MacKay
Laramie, WY –
Senator Ted Kennedy, the Democrat from Massachusetts, had worked closely with many Republicans from Wyoming. Wyoming Public Radio's Renny MacKay reports on their memories of him
Kennedy co chaired the senate's health, labor and education committee with Wyoming's current senior Senator Mike Enzi. Through the years Enzi has said they accomplished a lot by finding bipartisan solutions. After hearing of his passing Enzi said Kennedy leaves behind a long list of accomplishments that will be felt for generations.
"Most importantly he was a true thoughtful and caring friend. I enjoyed working with him. Diana and I will miss him dearly and we join with all those who knew and loved him in keeping Vicki and the Kennedy family in our thoughts and prayers."
Former Senator Al Simpson, another Republican, also worked closely with Kennedy and so did his father Milward, who served in the senate in the 1960s. Al Simpson put out a statement just hours after Kennedy died saying a giant tree has fallen from the skyline. For Wyoming Public Radio I'm Renny MacKay.