Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu June 23, 2005
Wyoming Teacher Salaries Below Average
Cheyenne, Wy – Wyoming Teacher Salaries continue to remain below average. According to the National Education Association, teachers earned
an average of 46-thousand-752 dollars last year. But in Wyoming,teachers earned an average of 39-thousand-532-dollars,
ranking the state 36th -- the same as last year. Wyoming's rate of increase was one-point-seven percent -- below the national rate. An official with the National Conference of State Legislatures
says that in many states, lawmakers faced financial pressures and focused on the hardest-to-fill teaching positions.