Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri February 13, 2004
Wyomingite Wounded in Iraq
Sheridan, WY – A Sheridan native in the Army's 2nd Armored Cavalry was wounded in action in Iraq Wednesday. According to Nathan Leikip's parents, Leikip received shrapnel in his left eye, and "a chunk" of the eye subsequently had to be removed in surgery. Two other members of Leikip's unit were killed in the incident. Leikip's mother told the Sheridan Press that Leikip was due to leave Iraq in late March or early April. Leikip was also wounded in November.