Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri June 11, 2010
Wyoming's athletic conference expands
By Bob Beck
Laramie, WY – The athletic conference the University of Wyoming plays in has expanded. The Mountain West Conference added Boise State today. That's less than a week after saying the conference would wait on any expansion plans. Mountain West commissioner, Craig Thompson, says after the University of Colorado decided to join the PAC 10 Mountain West conference officials decided that it would be wiser to act now on Boise State.
"To assure that we grew the conference, strengthened the conference and added the value that Boise State brings. Let's get that done and move forward from there."
Thompson says it is hard to say whether the Mountain West will add any additional teams or how big the league will grow. University of Wyoming President Tom Buchanan says he is pleased with the addition. Meanwhile, Thompson says he is not aware of any current league members who are considering leaving the M-W-C.