Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Sun January 26, 2014
Wyoming's Fundraising For Arena Improvements A Success
The University of Wyoming Athletics Department says that ten million dollars in private donations has been raised as it moves forward with the 30 million dollar Arena Auditorium renovation project.
The redesign and remodel of the facility will include a new a statute to honor Wyoming basketball legend Kenny Sailors and the court will be named after Cheyenne businessman Maury Brown. U-W Athletics Director Tom Burman says Brown’s contribution allowed the project to go forward.
“Maury has been a great friend of the University and a great supporter of Cowboy and Cowgirl basketball and been very engaged in the programs for decades. It’s just a very logical fit for this to be Maury Brown Court.”
Burman says they will begin the remodeling on March 12th and it means that Wyoming will not be able to host any post season games this season.