Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed January 3, 2007
Wyoming's New Speaker Wants Careful Spending
By Bob Beck
Cheyenne, Wy – The Incoming Wyoming Speaker of the house says spending priorities will be a big part of next weeks legislative session. Roy Cohee of Casper supports spending on things like roads and important infrastrucure, but he says spending should be limited to things that will benefit the state well into the future. admits that the state needs to spend Cohee says lawmakers still have to save money and he admits he is concerned that the positive financial situation the state finds itself in, could turn around. Cohee thinks non budget issues ranging from Eminent Domain to addressing drug problems in the state will be priorities of the legislature. The session begins Tuesday.