Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue October 23, 2007
Young People Abuse Over The Counter Meds
Cheyenne, Wy – One of the latest trends is for young people to abuse cough syrup and other over the counter medications and Wyoming officials are trying to make communities and parents aware. Called Roboing teens and others use the cough syrup to get a high but experts say it is also very dangerous and could lead to death. Federal officials told a group in Cheyenne that there is a misperception that such drugs are safe because they are over the counter. Wyoming Substance Abuse Program Manager Roger McDaniel says there are areas of the state where this is a problem. McDaniel believes that education will help get a handle on the situation.