Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- The Wind River Casino is doing well, but some tribal members expect more
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Ranch Breakfast on Wyoming Public Radio
January 26, 2013
I started the Ranch Breakfast Show in 1984 as a half hour live segment at the end of his Saturday regular bluegrass/folk show Pickin’ and Singin’ AM. When the run of that live show ended in 1985, I decided to keep the name Ranch Breakfast for the 3 hour show that started at 8:00 and ran to 11:00. Over the years the time has been moved back to accommodate Car Talk and Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me. Bob Beck, our News Director, thinks I should call it Ranch Brunch, but I know that someday when Click and Clack retire and the satire of Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me has lost its appeal, Ranch Breakfast may be returned to its morning slot.
This week The Ranch Breakfast Show will be playing some bluegrass rock and roll and country and western featuring songs that have been “grassed” by the likes of Jim and Jesse, The New Grass Revival, Patty Loveless, and Wildfire. Two weeks from now on March 3rd, will be our annual “Cabin Fever” program where we try to play as many off-the-wall, crazy songs as time allows. Get in your requests for these upcoming shows by e-mailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.